“Help hurting men heal and through them help others.”
Awaken individual Christians and churches to become involved in abortion issues (TRUTH). –– and – Create safe places for men (and women) to heal, be restored and active in pro-life work (GRACE).
+ “Comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” – 2 Corinthians 1:4
+ “Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.”- Romans 12:15
+ “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
Surprising Fact: Abortion is an avoided topic by almost everyone.
- That silence has kept men from dealing with it.
- It has resulted in a paralysis within the Christian church community to be active in providing an alternative voice to abortion.
1. Mobilize individuals and groups to support men and women who have been impacted by abortion.
- Develop a committed group of adults to provide mentoring to men, women and couples who have needs resulting from choices brought about by an abortion decision.
- Establish funds within churches and other organizations to provide tangible support to people who have chosen to not abort their child.
2. Make presentations to Men’s Ministry groups and Christian Support/Recovery groups to share testimony to open minds and hearts about the issues surrounding abortion and men.
3. Meet with local Christian leaders to organize “safe sharing” groups and develop mentors for men who recognize a need to deal with post-abortion issues.
4. Train men to lead confidential groups to help men heal and be trained to help others.
Men’s groups are proposed to be:
- A group of men who have been impacted by abortion directly or indirectly by someone they know.
- Not a mutually exclusive group; rather it is open to anyone who is able to be real, authentic, empathetic, and honest with themselves and confidential other men.
- An environment where other issues may surface that men are dealing with beyond the main topic of abortion such as, sexual sin or sexual abuse.
Down load this resource to share with others! AMen brochure